At times like this, communications are critical so we would like to share what we are doing at Monroe Twp in response to this public health crises and to reaffirm the importance of what preventative measure we are being told are the most effective.
In light of the constantly changing conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, Monroe Township would like to remind everyone to take the necessary precautions to protect themselves and their families during this time of uncertainty. At this point in time, prevention is the best course of action. Please remember to be vigilant and practice the following simple actions. The links below provide very good guidance and insight.
- Personal hygiene, cleanliness;
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds several times a day
- Cover your mouth with your arm (not your hands) when you sneeze or cough
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cleaning and sanitization of frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Practice social distancing and avoidance of those who are sick with respiratory symptoms
- Limit non-essential travel
- Limit group meetings and social gatherings
- Stay at home as much as possible, this is especially important for individuals at higher risk
If you or a family member are experiencing fever, cough and shortness of breath, contact your primary care provider and practice self-isolation to prevent the spread of the possible virus. Contacting Emergency Medical Services or 911 should be reserved for the most severe symptoms, such as troubled breathing.
STAFF WILL BE PRESENT AND EACH OFFICE WILL BE MANNED DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, HOWEVER PUBLIC ACCESS TO THE OFFICES AND PUBLIC WORKS BUILDING WILL BE HIGHLY RESTRICTED. THIS CLOSURE WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 3OTH AND WILL BE REEVALUATED AT THAT TIME.
PLEASE NOTE THE TAX COLLECTOR SPECIAL END-OF DISCOUNT EVENING HOURS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 28 AND APRIL 30 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED
A DROP BOX IS AVAILABLE FOR PAYMENTS OR OTHER BUSINESS ITEMS NEEDING DROPPED OFF. IF YOU HAVE A CASH PAYMENT, ENVELOPES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BUCKET AND RECEIPTS WILL BE MAILED TO YOU. THE BUCKET MAY ALSO BE USED FOR LARGER ITEMS THAT WON’T FIT IN THE DROP BOX.
Please feel free to call or email the office if you have any questions.
- Burn permits can be obtained via email by following the instruction listed on the FORMS page of the township website
- Sewer payments can be made through the customer portal at https://monroetwp.authoritypay.com/ .
- Please note, there is no convenience fee charged when paying your sewer bill on time using your checking or savings account through the ACH process
- Credit or debit card payments will incur an additional 2.65% convenience fee.
- Monroe’s secure drop box located by the main entrance is available at all times to leave payments or other envelope-sized items that simply need to be returned to the township.
For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 virus, please refer to:
- PA Department of Health at https://www.health.pa.gov
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- For our small business neighbors, the US Small Business Administration offers additional guidance which can be found at www.sba.gov
On behalf of the entire Monroe family, we wish you and your family well as we all work through this challenging situation. Our hearts go out to anyone in our community affected by the virus.
As always township personnel can be contacted as at 717-258-6642 or 717-697-4613 during regular business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org